IFTA Fuel Use Tax

Prepare the IFTA Tax Returns in 3 simple Steps


IFTA Fuel Tax Preparation and Reporting

The International Fuel Tax Agreement is a tax collection agreement by and among the 48 contiguous States and the 10 Canadian Provinces bordering the US, requires states to submit fuel taxes for all motor carriers operated across. Rather than producing multiple reports and managing state-by-state mandates, IFTA lets carriers operating in multiple jurisdictions register in and produce a quarterly report for just one single (base jurisdiction) state.

The IFTA license offers several benefits to the interstate/inter-jurisdictional motor carrier. These benefits include one license, one set of decals, one quarterly fuel tax report that reflects the net tax or refund due. These advantages result in cost and time savings for the carrier and the member jurisdictions.

Prepare your Quarterly IFTA Fuel Use Tax returns, at www.TaxIFTA.com

What is TaxIFTA.com?

  • TaxIFTA.com is a product of ThinkTrade, Inc. who own and operate Tax2290.com (the #1 website to report Federal Vehicle Use Tax Form 2290 online) and TaxExcise.com (the only website to support all the Federal Excise Tax returns at one common place).

  • TaxIFTA.com is a simple and easy to use website, helps you prepare and print your “Ready to File” pdf return, file it with your base jurisdiction in just minutes.

  • This Self-Service website, enables to complete your Quarterly IFTA Tax returns in 3 simple steps. Accurate tax calculation by using the latest tax rates of all participating states.

When are IFTA Taxes Due?

  • IFTA fuel reports are due four times a year, the last day of the month after each quarter closes. Even if no taxable fuel was used or operations were conducted during the reporting period, the IFTA fuel tax report is required.

  • The exact dates are April 30, July 31, October 31 and January 31. If the last day of the month falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the next business day is considered the due date.

Who needs to file an IFTA return?

  • You need an IFTA license if you travel in two or more member jurisdictions, and if your vehicle either weighs more than 26,000 pounds, OR has three or more axles, regardless of weight.

Give a try with www.TaxIFTA.com