ELECTRONIC FEDERAL TAX PAYMENT SYSTEM Print
EFTPS or Electronic Federal Tax Payment System is a free tax payment service by
the U.S Department of Treasury. Since 1996 when it came into being, many several
taxpayers choose to pay their tax dues to the IRS through EFTPS, as it is safe,
secure, and convenient. To access the website, taxpayers should create an account
in the EFTPS website by providing the essential information such as SSN or EIN number,
EFTPS PIN (Personal Identification Number), and Password. To add ease and eliminate
the chance of making errors, taxpayers choosing to pay their tax dues through EFTPS
can select their own tax period and date.
How to Get Started:
- For online registration, tax filers registering as an individual have to provide
their SSN number, whereas, business entities enrolling for an EFTPS account need
to provide the EIN number.
- To authenticate the details, tax filers are required to provide their ‘Bank Account
Number’ & ‘Routing Number’, also entering the actual address and name as mentioned
on the IRS tax documents.
Instructions to Follow:
- Choose the ‘Enrollment’ option, and select the appropriate option whether “Business,
“Individual”, or “Federal Agency”
- Key in the requested details, and then click the submit button
Tax filers have to wait for 7 working days to get their PIN on their email ID.
Retrieving Your Password
- Visit EFTPS website, check on the ‘Log in’ option, and the ‘Need a Password’ option
- Key in the essential details such as Employment Identification Number or Social
Security Number along with the Personal Identification Number
- Ensure the bank information provided is authentic and correct to proceed, and then
generate a new password
Making Tax Payments
- Choose the ‘Make a Payment’ option on the EFTPS website
- Log in using EIN or SSN, PIN, and the new password generated
- When done, retain a copy of the payment confirmation page for future use
What EFTPS Offers:
- Opting for Electronic Federal Tax Payment System gives the advantage to file tax
returns through Internet or phone. It is advisable to have the login credentials
- Taxpayers filing excise tax such as
Form 2290 can schedule their tax payment in advance, as well as cancel or re-schedule
the date up to two business days prior the scheduled date.
- EFTPS can be used for making tax payment for several federal tax returns such as
excise and extension tax.
- Choosing the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System allows tax filers to check their
- Paying tax dues through EFTPS, taxpayers receive an acknowledgement mentioning the
Note: Taxpayers are advised to pay their tax amount before 8 p.m.
ET and prior one calendar day for smooth transaction to the U.S Department of Treasury.
Sign in Registration
No more CPA’s or Accountants – you can do it yourself 2290 E-File. It’s as
easy as 1… 2… 3
About Us: Easy Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax IRS Form 2290 online filing for 2015-16
(Schedule 1)… only at Tax2290.com.
Tax2290.com is the first IRS authorized service provider for instant Federal Heavy
Vehicle Use Tax IRS Form 2290 online filing for 2015-16 (Schedule 1). We are an
entirely web-based provider for filing Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax IRS Form 2290
online filing for 2015-16 (Schedule 1). Easily do your Federal Heavy Vehicle Use
Tax IRS Form 2290 online filing for 2015-16 (Schedule 1) and get your IRS tax Form
2290 schedule 1 copy with a watermark stamped within minutes. Get started now with
us and Tax2290.com will guide you through the process for Federal Heavy Vehicle
Use Tax IRS Form 2290 online filing for 2015-16 (Schedule 1).