FEDERAL TAX FORM 2290Print
Federal Tax Form 2290 is used for Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return.
It is generally referred to as
2290 Tax. Many informative details related to Federal road Tax use Form
2290 are provided below:
- 2290 Federal Excise Tax is due from July 1, to June 30. 2290 Federal Excise Tax
needs to be paid by August 31st for federal heavy highway vehicles.
- Federal Heavy Highway Use Tax is mandatory for vehicles with 55,000 lbs or more.
- Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax Form 2290 must be filed electronically in case 25
or more vehicles will be filed using the 2290 form.
- If the Federal Heavy Vehicle has traveled less than 5,000 miles (7,500 for agriculture)
the suspension of Tax can be claimed. The claim can be made even if you anticipate
using the federal heavy highway for less than these numbers in the succeeding year.
- On acquisition of a Federal Heavy Vehicle to be used on the highways, 2290 Tax should
be paid for trucks by the month end after the month the vehicle was purchased.
- Federal Heavy Highway Use Tax should be paid in the name of the truck or the registrant
of the Federal Heavy Highway Vehicle in order to comply with the registration procedures.
- Third party copies of
federal highway use Taxes paid cannot be used any longer. This way the Tax can
be transferred to a new vehicle in case of sale or destruction of the Federal Heavy
- In case of sale or destruction of vehicle before June 1, the Federal Highway Use
Tax payer can claim a credit for Tax paid on the next Tax Form 2290 or can claim
a refund of the Tax paid using
Additional information on Federal Tax Form 2290
Owners of grain or livestock truck are essential to file a Federal Heavy Vehicle
use Tax Form 2290. Commercial truck owner should file Form 2290 every year and should
have a receipt duly returned from IRS to display the payment of Tax. During the renewal of truck license, the truck owner needs to present this receipt.
In order to complete the form2290 there are some requirements. The requirements
- Tax Identification or Employer Identification Number (TIN or EIN).
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for the truck(s) in question.
- The taxable gross weight of each vehicle to determine its category.
While Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax Form 2290 is not a complex form to complete,
there are some peculiarities for first time filers. The essential details about
Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax Form 2290 are available at the FAQ section of Tax2290.com.
If further assistance is required, a search for Form 2290 in www.IRS.gov website should be very useful for
both doubt clarifications and
Federal highway use Tax forms download.
Sign in More Info
Think trade Inc is ever dedicated to fulfill your fair expectations in protecting
your personal & business info..