FORM 2290 RELATED DOCUMENTS
The most important document related to the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax is the IRS Form 2290. It is primarily used to file the Federal Excise tax on trucks and we at Tax2290, primarily support easy e-filing of it. Truck owners in you can use form 2290 to
- Figure and pay the tax due on highway motor vehicles (with a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more) used during the tax period.
- Figure and pay the tax due on a vehicle for which you completed the suspension statement on another Form 2290 if that vehicle later exceeded the mileage use limit during the period.
- Figure and pay the tax due if during the period the taxable gross weight of a vehicle increases and the vehicle falls into a new category.
- Claim suspension from the tax when a vehicle is expected to be used 5,000 miles or less (7,500 miles or less for agricultural vehicles) during the period.
- Claim a credit for tax paid on vehicles that were destroyed, stolen, sold, or used 5,000 miles or less (7,500 miles or less for agricultural vehicles).
- Report acquisition of a used taxable vehicle for which the tax has been suspended.
- Figure and pay the tax due on a used taxable vehicle acquired and used during the period.
For detailed instructions on any of the above 2290 form capabilities from the IRS, click here. Please find below the documents related to Tax 2290.